Filling (makes 1 9-inch pie)
2 cups raw cashews (only 3/4 if not making the cashew vanilla cream drizzle)
1 cup maple syrup
2 TBSP coconut sugar
1 can pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
3/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup cashew milk
Vanilla Cream Drizzle:
1/3 cup filtered water
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Soak all 2 cups of cashews in filtered water for about 4 hours.
2. Prepare the crust
3. Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
4. Drain cashews and measure out 3/4 of a cup. Place in high powered blender. Set aside remaining cashews.
5. Add all other filling ingredients. Process on high speed for 2 minutes or until completely creamy and no lumps remain.
6. Pour filling into unbaked crust and bake for about 20 minutes.
7. Cover crust edges with a pie shield or foil and continue to bake another 25-30 minutes until the filling is lightly browned and filling is set up.
8. Let cool completely, about 2 hours, then chill for 2 hours or more. Can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
9. If desired, make vanilla cream drizzle by placing all ingredients in high power blender and processing until creamy. Chill. Drizzle over pieces before serving.
Yield: 8, 70g (1/4 cup) servings
340g (1 bag) fresh whole cranberries
55g (5 Tbsp.) coconut sugar
250ml (1 cup) water
Rind and juice of one orange
1 whole cinnamon stick
Place the cranberries in a colander and rinse them. Pick out and discard any damaged or bruised cranberries. Place the water and coconut sugar in a medium saucepan on high heat and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
Add the cranberries, orange juice and cinnamon stick to the saucepan and return to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst. Remove from heat.
Stir in the orange rind and allow to cool at room temperature then transfer to a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
Note: the sauce will thicken as it cools.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 11 people
Calories 136 kcal
Serves 4; cooking time 45 minutes
3 bell peppers (chopped)
3 15 oz. cans organic lentils (rinsed)
12 oz. favorite gluten free pasta (Andean Dream fusilli or orzo work well)
28 oz. favorite tomato sauce (homemade or Rao’s marinara)
2 Tbls. fennel seeds
Parsley (to taste)
Basil (to taste
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Granulated garlic (to taste)
Start to boil water for the pasta.
Sautee bell peppers in EVOO until soft.
Add pasta sauce, fennel seeds, parsley, basil, granulated garlic, and salt to bell peppers.
Add lentils to sauce when sauce is almost done cooking.
Add strained pasta to lentil sauce and mix all together.
Submitted by Joe Ferrante